Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 01:54:17 +1000
Larry Stewart wrote:

> Sounds to me Jim as if you're going backwards in versions of Netscape. Am I
> missing something? The zero before the 8 in V4.08 would, by my accounting be
> a maintenance release of version 4.0. Is that true?

This well illustrates the stupidity of Netscape's numbering system, which
few people seem to understand.

Communicator is the complete package containing browser, Emailer etc.  and
is numered 4.6, 4.7 etc.  Note--no zero.

Navigator is the stand-alone BROWSER ONLY and is numbered 4.06, 4.07 etc.

There seems to be little or no correlation between the two numbering
systems.  So you might find Navigator 4.08 as part of Communicator 4.6 for
example.  Confused? Aren't we all.

Almost as bad as Microsoft using Explorer for two entirely different
things.  Try explaining that one to a newbie.

Don Penlington  [log in to unmask]

                         The NOSPIN Group, Inc.
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org