Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Holli Van Nest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 15:28:49 -0500
Catherine,

You can change the association for *.iso files by running
winfile.exe, the old File Manager program.  Click Start, Run, type
winfile and press Enter.  Click on File in the menu and choose
Associate.  In Files with Extension, type in iso (or whatever other
extension you might wish to associate), then choose the program
you want to associate them with, or select None.  Click OK.

The rest is a response from a previous e-mail from Mark Rode on
how to read an *.iso file.

Holli Van Nest

From Mark Rode, October 15, 2001:

An  <.iso> file is a image file. It can be an image as small as a
floppy, or as large as a hard drive partition. Unlike a zip file, an
image file contains all the information such as the boot sector, and
partition table. For example, you could image of an entire CDROM
represented by a single .iso file.

Many programs will extract an image file. Winimage, which is
shareware, and available just about everywhere, is a popular utility
for this task. Powerdesk will also extract a image file -
http://www.freepctech.com/rode/019.shtml. Every CDROM burner
program will burn an ISO file directly on a CD blank. So you could,
for example, image you CDROM to back it up, and then restore it
to a new CD blank. The result would be an exact,and perfect
duplicate....restored by a iso image file.

On 28 Oct 2001, at 1:20, catherine williamson wrote:

> I tried to open a new file (with .iso extension) by
> clicking
> on it in Explorer and was offerred a choice of various
> programs to do this. Foolishly I clicked on Powerpnt, not
> realising the box "Always open this file with this program"
> was checked. The file didn't open of course but worse, now
> everytime I click on an iso file Powerpoint tries to open
> it. Incidentally I now realise I have no program on my
> computer that opens an iso file.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml