Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:18:52 -0800
On  8 Oct 98 at 0:04, Alan Priol wrote:

> I have just installed NT 4.0 on a new HD. It appeared to go quite
> smoothly until the reboot to startup. The bootup stopped with the
> message - Problem found with the harddrive setup. Boot record signature
> AA55 not found (0000 found)- Read the NT(TM) documentation about
> hardware configuration.

> I am not sure exactly what is required to look for.
> Can anyone help me here?.

  I found a nice little description of this problem at

http://tigger.rdg.ac.uk/ntfaq/ntfaq_02JUN98.html#probsolv34

which, in turn, references Knowledge Base article Q149877 as the
definitive source.

  It suggests that FDISK /MBR has a reasonably good chance of fixing
the problem.  [This, in turn, suggests to me that a scan for viruses
*first* may be in order....]

> The HD(6.4gb) is in 4 partitions, C:\is FAT16,to accomodate the NT
> files, D:&E: are FAT32 and F:\is also FAT16 for NT.

  The problem seems to have something to do with NT being in an
extended partition.
  I suspect that you actually have two partitions on the drive; a
primary partition (C:) and an extended partition containing volumes
D:, E:, and F:.  Since D: and E: are FAT32, this extended partition
may be marked FAT32X rather than FAT16X, and that may be interfering
with the NT loader's ability to find F:.

David G

                                  -----