Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 23:09:35 -0700
Ian writes:

<<Got a call from a friend saying that since he installed MSOffice2k on =
his W2K Compaq desktop PC he gets an error upon startup stating that =
Explorer has crashed and needs to be restarted>>

Dunno whether this will help, but the first thing I'd tell him is to run
msconfig and remove anything to do with Office out of the startup tab. And
while he's there, clean out anything else not completely essential.  Most
people have too much running at startup anyway.

Compaq's seem to run their own generic "Crash-prevention" program at
startup, the benefits of which seem to be dubious at the very least. It
might be better removed also.

It always amuses me to think that a major manufacturer should have so
little faith in its own computers that it has to supply and have running
continuously a program to (hopefully) stop it crashing.  In fact, more
often than not, it has just the opposite effect.

Don Penlington
Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml