Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 23:45:35 -0700
"Harold E. Schumacher, Jr." wrote:

> I helped a lady install a new MB and processor.  Previously, she
> had a Pentium 100 and it was too slow for her and her son, thus the
> upgrade.  The youngster could fire up the Deer Hunter on the P-100
> and it would barely run.
>
> We put in an EFA Viking 3 board with an AMD K6 333 processor, 32 MB
> of PC100 memory, a new Samsung 3.2GB HD and a clean install of Win
> 95 and it is the original 95 (no patches, no OSR2 stuff).  She had
> lots of software to re-install but chose to install the Deer Hunter
> first.  The installation went OK and after re-boot, started the
> game.  It got past the first screen and then locked up the computer
> big-time!  No clicks of the mouse, no exiting the program, no
> nothing!
>
> Anyway, I'm stumped about what to do for her.  All of the other
> software installed OK; Word Perfect, etc.etc.
>         Suggestions?

 Not knowing if the game has "Options" or "Properties" and perhaps
 one the settings is causing the lockup??  My guess, is Deer Hunter is
 not compatible with the high speep CPU!  I have had several games
 (Chess and couple of card games) that would lock up my Pentium PC.

 Dave Cooke

         The PCSOFT web site always needs good submissions.  If
               software tech tips or software reviews to: