Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Chapel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 03:57:21 -0500
Marilyn and Dave,

Marilyn...your idea is a very good one and one that I will love to implement
in the future if the clinic upper management eventually see's the fiscal
sense of the upgrade.  Meanwhile Dave's point is on the money...more than
half the PC's on the network are not up to the task (many running only
DOS...to Netware 3.12 and on to the Unix Server...

We will soon be upgrading to Netware 5.0 so if anyone knows any tricks that
can be accomplished with this version that are not available in 3.12 I'd
love to hear them.....I'm learning fast but am always interested in learning
faster....

And thanks again for all the useful information...every time I think that I
had really ought to get off the e-mail for a while (it does take a lot of
time) I am reminded by this kind of useful information that I really
sensibly can't.

Best,
Bob Chapel-----Original Message-----
From: David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, February 02, 1999 10:59 PM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] UNIX/LINUX interchageability

On 1 Feb 99, at 16:43, Morris, Marilyn wrote:
> workstations, but some are on Win95 PC's.  Using Hummingbird's Exceed
> (there are several products that will do this I think) we can get a
> CDE (common desktop environment) logon screen so we can logon to the
> UNIX host and do our UNIX work, while still running Office 97 apps on
> our PCs.

  Hummingbird's Exceed is one of several X-servers for PCs.  But
consider:

1.  X-servers are moderately demanding.  A 386 and 8MB of RAM is about
minimal, and I'm not sure what proportion of PCs at his site meet that
requirement.

2.  X-servers normally talk TCP/IP; he's told us that the PCs are
talking IPX to the NetWare server, which I'm guessing is providing a
gateway to the AIX server.  Modern Windows PCs using

         The PCSOFT web site always needs good submissions.  If
               software tech tips or software reviews to: