Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:48:18 -0800
On 22 Sep 99, at 20:41, David Spencer wrote:

> I wondered if anyone could help me with a problem I'm having with
> my backup domain controller. We changed the Primary Domain
> Controller (exchanged it for a new one) and ever since, the backup
> domain controller is not able to access it. The event viewer says
> that it cannot acces the p.d.c. because it's S.I.D. is out of
> date. The message also says that the trust relationship needs to
> be re-established. The only trust relationship that I know of
> involves trust between domains, but these machines are both on the
> same domain (There is only one on our network). The only thing I
> can think of is that the server's name was changed (by accident)
> by our technician. Any help at all with regards to re-establishing
> the trust relationship between these two machines would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks in advance

  Swapping out a PDC is not something that is really supposed to
happen.  When the PDC is taken out, the normal course of affairs is
to promote a BDC to PDC in its place.
  I think that's what you have to do.  Then install the PDC's
replacement as a BDC.  [If you really insist that this machine be
PDC, you can then swap out the promoted BDC, promote the replacement
machine to PDC, and re-install the old BDC back to its rightful
place.]

David G

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>