Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:34:38 +0800
Dear Don Penlington and PC-SOFT Listers,
    Thanks to all who responded to my problem specially to Don.Your replies
tought me a lot of things regarding registry and others but I couldn't solve
this problem and it seems to have change it's form.My computer used to boot
to blank screen but now it boots to a blue screen with exception error which
reads like this:
An Exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C0031450 in VxD---.This was called from
0028:C00 59987 in VxD---.It may be possible to continue normally.

In fact it's not possible continue.When I hit any key it throws another
error message :

A fatal exception OD has occurred at 0337:00000519.The current application
will be terminated.It may be possible to continue normally.

I have to hit reset ,boot to safe mode and restart the computer.It then
boots to a screen with changed display settings.

I checked the bootlog.txt.There are two failures:
 LoadFailed = ndis2sup.vxd

 INITCOMPLETE = SDVXD
   INITCOMPLETEFAILED  = SDVXD
I read Microsoft KB article on these  failures(is that  a joke or
something?).It provides no clues as how to fix the problem.I don't think I
have to read MSKB article  just to learn that "The NDIS 2 support driver did
not find any NDIS 2 drivers to support, so it does not load."Bootlog was
enough.
    I searched for other related page and found a BBS with a bunch of
postings on the same problem.One of them suggested to extract the
ndis2sup.vxd from Windows CD to C:/Windows/system folder.I did it.But no
luck.Bootlog shows the same failures.I thought maybe that very file is
corrupted on my CD, so I downloaded it AFRESH from the Net and copied it to
System folder.All in vain.Same failures in Bootlog.
    There were other postings suggesting to supply an IP address to Network
in Control Panel and/or changing something from one PCI slot to another.Both
of these are new things to me and I don't know how to do it.
    Does anybody have any idea what is happenning?Could somebody provide any
idea to fix this dumb problem?

 Kshitiz Chandra.

My machine:
 OS:Win98 SE