Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 18:08:49 -0700
On 4 Aug 99, at 4:15, Kevin Nowicki wrote:

> I can boot off a floppy and access C:  After booting off the floppy I went
> into the Windows directory and tried starting windows through there.  I
> receive an error message saying "Himem.sys is missing.  Check config.sys and
> windows directory" or something to that effect.

  Is the config.sys that you've provided *on* the floppy you boot from?
[Windows may be complaining that it isn't *loaded*, not that it isn't present
on the HD.]

  [My hunch at this point is that the Master Boot Record of the HD may have
gotten corrupted -- FDISK C: /MBR should take care of that *if* that's the
problem, although it might make it worse if this is a virus.]

David G

                         The NOSPIN Group, Inc.
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org