Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 02:49:18 -0400
The following is from The Win 98 resource Kit-the basic answer is, yes, you
can run scanreg whenever you wish, but it seems to be unnecessary.

ScanRegW scans the registry for corruption and determines if it requires
optimization, and then backs up the following system configuration files:
User.dat, System.dat, Win.ini, and System.ini. This scan occurs
automatically when the system is started. On the first successful boot, a
CAB file is created and marked as a registry backup that is capable of
booting the system. You can run ScanRegW when you want to force a scan and
backup of these files. ScanRegW backs up the registry and configuration
files using the Rbxxx.cab file.

To run Registry Checker (ScanRegW)

From the Start menu, click Run.
Type scanregw.exe, and click OK.
ScanReg runs when ScanRegW detects a problem with the registry and it
prompts you to restart the computer to fix the problem. ScanReg either
restores the registry from a known good backup, or, if no backups are
available, it repairs the current registry. If ScanRegW detects that
optimization is required, ScanReg optimizes the registry on the next
startup. With some severe types of registry damage, Io.sys will detect the
problem and the MS-DOS mode configuration menu appears, warning you that a
registry corruption has been detected.

Is this kind of backup performed only once a day? I found no new
cab file was created whenever i restarted, reboot my PC with what-
ever methods. The only cab file is the one created when I started
my PC in the morning (the first one in a day). Could I force win98
to store my reg in a new cab everytime my restart my PC?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html