Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rosalind Walters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 15:33:23 +1000
Demetri,

Microsoft states that you can only ever see 5 backups when you type
scanreg/restore at an MS-DOS prompt. They also recommend keeping only 5
backups. However, I did change the number of backups on my work computer to
30, and I have manually moved backups (if I want to keep them) into another
folder, or if I wanted an earlier backup to be listed in the 5, I move
backups in & out of the default folder (they are renumbered/renamed in this
process).  I apologise for not having explained this very clearly, but
these backups can be manually manipulated.

Some sites that may be of interest to you:

Description of the Windows Registry Checker Tool    (Scanreg.exe)
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q183/8/87.ASP

Registry Backup Not Listed in Registry Checker Tool
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q182/8/41.ASP

Customizing scanreg (at Windows Help-net)
http://216.167.71.32/windows98/tune-32.shtml

Regards,
Rosalind Walters

At 11:55  4/04/01 -0400, you wrote:
>It is not necessary for you to "try them", Paul. In DOS, type
>scanreg/restore. Move the arrow key up and down. How many registry
>backups do you see? After enabling more backups, I see the same list of
>more than five backups, typing rb*.cab, as you do on your computer.
>However, I only see five at scanreg/restore. As I asked,
> > If not listed, are they accessible? Do you have to use one
> > of the five listed for one of the extra unlisted ones to appear? If
> > not all listed, is there any control on which are listed and
> > accessible?
>These are still questions.
<snipped>