Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 23:12:54 -0700
Larry writes:

<<and I still have the "burr" on the voices where every note seems to
have "ssss-sss-ss" at the beginning of every word.>>

Not a lot to go on here, and I've never done any CDR, so this is a case of
blind leading the blind.

First, I assume you've checked the CD on a real CD player (ie not thru the
computer) and the sound there is still bad. That would at least confirm
your conclusion that it is indeed the CD recording that is faulty.

Undue sibilance is due to too much treble (I'd suspect that bass may be
lacking also?).
To state the obvious (but you didn't mention it) have you checked the bass
and treble settings in your recording software? Poor quality recording
material (whether tape or CD) can be a cause of this.

What sort of CD's are you using?  If I recall correctly, you can't (or
shouldn't) use data CD's for recording music.  And I believe there can be a
big difference in quality with some disks. The requirements for recording
music would surely be much greater than for recording data.

You don't say whether this problem has suddenly occurred on a previously OK
system-----for how long has this problem been present?  Always vital info
with any trouble-shooting.

As Rick says, you'll probably need to post a bit more info about your
system and experience to get a reasoned answer.  You do need a fair bit of
computer horsepower to CDR successfully.
Maybe you're just trying to flog a dying horse.

Don Penlington

Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml