Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Dent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 01:04:59 -0800
Sue & Dean,

Actually any file can carry a virus as long as it is of adequate size to
carry and hide the virus.  To activate a virus in an image file it is only
necessary to double click on it. (Even though the file does not have a
"*.exe" or other executable extension shown, it will execute!) Of course a
file name with "*.exe" is more likely to be clicked on if it is thought to
contain something that is wanted by the recipient. The best rule is be wary
of all attachments.

John

At 10:49 AM 12/18/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Dean,
>
>I think you're thinking of a *.PIF file, not a *.GIF file.
>To my knowledge, there has never been any virus attached to a
>picture file.
>For the Eudora problem,  is it possible that support for the .gif file
>has been removed due to the copyright lawsuits involving
>Compuserve and the format? Just a thought.
>
>Sue Clark
>Bristol, ME
>
>On 17 Dec 2003 at 0:00, Dean Kiley wrote:
>
> > I do not use Eudora, but .gif is an extension that is well know as one
> > that many times carries viruses, and therefore is blocked by many E Mail
> > client software programs. You can defeat it in OE & Outlook by changing
> > this preference in Options> Security, but is worded differently in these
> > applications so you will need to hunt around for it.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Dean Kiley
>
>               The NOSPIN Group is now offering Free PC Tech
>                      support at our newest website:

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml