Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:58:55 -0700
I may be a little confused, but I'll try to work through your post.

First: Since I did not have an apparent reaction like your's to the
installation of Firefox and/or Thunderbird and since I have not seen any
reports of similar issues, I would suspect there is something else
happening that may or may not be associated with either program. You
indicate that you uninstalled Mozilla (one or both programs?) and you
did not find it in the recycle bin. When you uninstall a program it does
not leave anything in the recycle bin. I would reinstall the program(s)
and while installing and after installation deal with the icon issues.
While installing, if given the choice, make sure to designate the
program(s) as the default program(s). Also, if given the choice, have
the program(s) put an icon on your desktop and, if you really want it,
in your quick launch.

Second: Run AV and adware/spyware scans just in case. If you have a good
registry scanner, run it.

Third: The task bar across the bottom consists of two portions, the task
bar on the right (next to the clock) and the quick launch bar on the
right (next to "start"). I personally do not use quick launch since it
is easier to home in on a desktop icon than a quick launch icon and
since I do not use multi tasking that much. The task bar icons are also
not that important to me other than reassuring me that the associated
programs are loaded and functioning. I'm not sure what would cause the
quick launch icons to merge with the task bar icons. I think you can
left click on a spot immediately to the left of the quick launch icons
and drag them back next to "start".

Then go into start/run/msconfig/startup and see that the programs you
want to run on startup are marked to run (make sure Avast is one of them).

Then open the programs with the missing task bar icons and review the
configuration/options for each and make sure that having a task bar icon
is selected.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by icons for "web programs" nor "mail"
icons nor "Firefox can't find them". Try right clicking the icons and
check the properties to find anything that looks wrong. If you need to
post again on this issue, please try to be more specific.

I hope this helps.

Tom Mayer

alan smith wrote:
> I thought that I would try Mozilla/firefox, so I installed it. Not long after, the icons in the taskbar went?? The E, OE, desktop moved over next to the sound icon, I lost icons for Avast, Epson printer,Asus probe and BillP's scotty. AND
>   the indicators for the web programs are now next to the START icon. I uninstalled Mozilla, but it didn't show up in the recycle bin, and when I click on certain (mail) icons, Firefox can't find them! Can anyone suggest how to solve this dilemma?? Any suggestion will be tried. Thank you,   AL SMITH

> The best gets better. See why everyone is raving about the All-new Yahoo! Mail.
>
>       "Hold No Punches.." Rode brings you great shareware/freeware
>         programs with his honest opinions in this weekly column.
>                        http://freepctech.com/rode

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml