Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Dent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 23:00:38 -0700
Carol,

Big business (i.e., the printer companies) in it's infinite wisdom $$$ has
decided to make printers that won't function unless you have both the B&W
and color cartridges filled with ink in fine working order. If either one
is out the printer ceases to function. Yes it is a deceit and a rip off,
but then if no one complains loud enough they win! The way to win this
battle is to be informed before you buy. A few of the printers out there
will function when one or more cartridges are empty. The best ink jet
printers are the expensive ones that use separate cartridges for each
color. They are more media cost effective. This is a "Polaroid" type
product. You know, they give away the camera to sell the film - so it is
with ink jet printers and cartridges. Do you think that you could buy a
high quality ink jet for under $100.00 if they couldn't recoup the
development and manufacturing costs by their ridiculous cartridge pricing?

Good luck

J. Dent