Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 11:12:41 -0800
On 21 Mar 99, at 15:23, H. Broers wrote:

> Yes, use the LINUX loader for 3 part Boot sector.

  This is one of several options.  Personally, I use the multi-OS boot
utility included with Partition Magic (since v3).

> Since Windows95 isn't an operating system it is DOS7.0. (WindowsNT
> is an OS)

  This appears to allude to a glib characterization of Windows 3.x,
popularized and misapplied to Windows95 by varies Macinstosh
evangelists.
  As an exercise for the reader:  Locate or compose a list of functions
that every OS performs, and find the one(s) that Windows95 doesn't.  If
you can't find any (and I don't think you can), then *I* would conclude
that it's an OS.  [If you think you've found one or more, you could
write to me privately.  Note that the question is of extremely limited
relevance for non-programmers....]

  If you care to learn how the relationship between Win95 and DOS7 is
different from the relationship between Windows 3.x and earlier DOSes,
I suggest you try to locate a copy of Andrew Schulman's "Unauthorized
Windows 95", in which he dissects the technology in detail.

David G

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html