Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Joe Trimarchi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 20:50:49 -0500
Emie,

I think you need to tell OutLook Express what News Server you are using.
Their are a lot of different News Servers. Some are free and some are not.
Your ISP may provide you with a free one although one of my ISP's changed to
WEB based News and no longer provides access to a free News Server. You
might try to set up Outlook Express to access the Microsoft News Server
which is free and should let you test to see if you can subscribe to
newsgroups. Try clicking on Tools/Accounts/Add/News and follow the
instructions. Enter Msnews.Microsoft.com when it asks for the News[NNTP]
Server.

Good Luck,

Joe Trimarchi

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Emie DelRosario
Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2001 2:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] Newsgroup Access

I'm trying to access different Newsgroups through Outlook Express 5.1.
>From OE's desktop I click the Newsgroups box, then 'Subscribe to
Newsgroups'.  At this point OE takes me to the Newsgroups list (supposedly).
A downloading icon shows file transfer from folder to folder and the same
time a message says, "Downloading a list of newsgroups available on the
server.  This only needs to be downloaded once and may take few
minutes......."

However, the 'downloading' abruptly stops and a message pops up saying..
"There are no items which match your current filter criteria."  I have not
mess around with any settings or options for 'Newsgroups' in my Outlook
Express.  The geeks in my ISP tried to help but couldn't figure this one
out.  Anyone out there who would be kind enough to share their expertise
with me?  I will really appreciate it.  TIA!

Emie DelRosario

---

                       http://freepctech.com/rode