Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Christopher Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 05:59:53 EST
In a message dated 1/31/2005 12:29:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
Date:    Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:17:30 -0600
From:    Barbara Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Uninstalling a Program

Please advise how to get rid of a program that has been downloaded from the
Internet and is not in the Add/Remove Programs AND does not have an
uninstall feature.  I know you are not suppose to just delete them as they
leave remnants in the Registry.  Is there anything that can be done?

TIA,

Barbara Allen
I Have used a couple of programs to ferret out programs not listed in the
add/remove programs portion of windows. One is MyUninstaller located at this link;
http://nirsoft.mirrorz.com
Another good program which has the ability to show you visible as well as
"invisible" programs to add/remove is Codeforge's TweakAll 3. Both are freeware,
spyware free and have been recommended by a couple of good PC magazines.
Another option is to look for the program in Windows explorer and manually
removing the offending program. There might be registry entries left behind, but
unless you are comfortable in editing the registry, I would not experiment
here. Another option in Windows explorer is renaming the file extension
associated with the program. If you can't get rid of it, you can disable it by giving
the program an incorrect file extension which will render it useless.

Chris Ryan

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml