Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Dent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:07:26 -0800
Becky,

Since you've received no help so far I'll add this. I have not used Win98
in a while so don't know if this advice is exactly correct:

When booting as the computer configuration lines appear (before the Windows
banner starts) press the F8 key and you should get a choice of ways to boot
the computer. Select the normal Windows startup line. (You should see other
ways to boot including Safe Mode and a Dos Mode. If you don't you are not
there. Simply doing this might restore the correct startup but even if is
doesn't, it is easy to do this on each boot up.  I hope someone else will
have better advice.

John D.

At 03:54 AM 3/18/2004, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I understand that maybe every problem has no answers but I thought I'd post
>this question again as I didn't get any replies or suggestions.  I hope
>someone can help the 2nd time around.  Thanks.
>
>Becky Buehrer
>
>Hello,
>I'm hoping someone can help me help my 80 year old dad with his =
>computer.  He has a 4 yr old HP running Windows 98. He has been having =
>trouble for sometime and in an attempt to help himself he at one time =
>when shutting down clicked on "Start in MS DOS"  He had no idea what MS =
>DOS is and of course when he tried to reboot his computer had a black =
>screen with white typing.  Somehow he managed to get to Windows, was =
>still having trouble and eventually ran his HP Recovery Disk.  Even =
>after running it however, when he tries to reboot or start up the =
>computer starts and says "rebooting in MS DOS". The DOS screen comes up =
>with commands running down it for 5 min or so and eventually Windows =
>starts.  Then it works OK.  Can someone tell me what I can tell him to =
>do to get rid of the DOS completely so that Windows starts automatically =
>without the DOS??  Thank you
>
>Becky Buehrer
>
>               The NOSPIN Group is now offering Free PC Tech
>                      support at our newest website:
>                           http://freepctech.com

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>