Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Evan H. Farr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:23:29 -0400
I own a Panasonic SV-AV30 Multi AV Device which I have recently started using as my primary camcorder.  The device shoots audio/video in MPEG4 / .ASF format.  Although short videos (2 or 3 minutes) play back just fine, when I try to play back longer videos on my Windows XP Professional PC (using either the supplied Panasonic SD-Movie Stage software or Window Media Player 9), the playback stops after a few minutes and returns error 0xC00D1199, saying "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the player does not support the format you are trying to play".   However, the file is clearly not corrupt, as it plays back just fine in its entirety on the AV Device itself.

The FreePCTech WebSite, at http://freepctech.com/pc/002/files011.shtml, as detailed instructions as to downloading and installing WindowsMediaTools, which I followed precisely, deleting first the files it said to delete -- all to no avail.  WMP 9 still hangs approx. 4 minutes into each video with the exact same error.  However, as part of the WindowsMediaTools download came a program called Windows Media ASF Indexer, and the video will play back full-length just fine within that program -- only it has a very tiny screen interface which can not be enlarged.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and found any solution to playing back longer ASF videos. I have spent hours and hours searching the Internet for information related to ASF files and have found surprisingly scant helpful information other than what is on the FreePCTech Website.   I have found several conversion program that will convert ASF files to AVI or other formats, but all of these conversion utilities wind up drastically reducing the quality of the video in terms of frames per second, rendering them unaccpetable for use as a camcorder substitute.  I would be extremely grateful for any assistance in this matter.

Evan Farr
Farr Law Firm
Fairfax, Virginia

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: