Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Dean K. Kukral" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2007 20:28:14 -0500
Since I "upgraded" to VISTA, I have had nothing but trouble with my network
connections.  The bummer is that I don't know whether it is the isp, my
computer, or VISTA.

One thing that I was able to correct:  when VISTA goes into hibernation (one
of the nicer things about it is the way sleep and hibernation work), and
then it comes back up, it seems to keep the old address that the router gave
it.  If you sent Vista to sleep and then booted another computer, it is
possible that your router assigned the "taken" address to the just-booted
computer, which caused a conflict if the new computer came back up.  I fixed
my problem by assigning permanent addresses in the router to all my
networked components.  (Take this with a grain of salt as networking is NOT
my forte!)  I doubt that this is your trouble, but it could be - and people
need to be aware of the possibility.

Dean Kukral

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Shearer" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 5:01 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Windows Vista - Network Connection Dropped

I'm new to Windows Vista.  I've added a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop with Vista
Home Premium to a system consisting of two other computers running Win XP
Pro, SP-2, through a Linksys 4-port ethernet router which I've had for maybe
3-4 years.  When I boot up the Dell, the network connection does not work
right off the bat; I usually have to go thru the Vista network diagnosis and
repair before things work properly.  This affects both communication with
the other two computers as well as connection to internet and email.

Suggestions??

Thanks!!

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml