Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Toomas Piibe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:50:46 +0200
From: "Ian" <[log in to unmask]>

> It's a 486 with a 33mhz CPU, 16mb ram and a 600Mb hard drive (that's right,
600Mb).
> I got it going finally, but the thing that blew my socks off is that it's
running W98SE Lite!

At moment I use old 486SX 25MHz, 850MB HD and Win95 as small mailserver
(mercury/32)
Slow but works. Earlier it was 486DX 100MHz , 16MB and Win98, but processor
cooler stoped
and after overheat it start give errors.

> It's excruciatingly slow of course - I had to empty the C:\Windows\Temp
folder of 2016 files
> totalling 1.4MB and it took 25 mins in DOS to do it.  Still, I'm amazed it
works at all.

Too slow if you use del *.* It must be done in seconds.

> One query, just in case someone has seen it before;  it starts up now, which
it wasn't
> doing before, but there's one glitch which I haven't managed to get rid
f  - it throws up
> a type '162' error on boot-up, referring to 'Configuration change has
occurred'.  This is
> in spite of me resetting the BIOS to it's defaults and then subsequently
flashing the
> BIOS with the latest (1996) BIOS upgrade.

Back then, BIOS not autodeteced amy things, most importantly HD parameters.
There
was function in BIOS to detect HDs, but that time was HD size limit 512MB and
BIOS
detector can't detect HD correctly. Special utilities  was used to use bigger
HDs. Flashing
BIOS could be make it compatible.  Most importantly, default not meaning back
then that
computer autodetects everything like now but some basic configuration that you
can
set actual parameters later.

Toomas

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's: