Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Goran Halfvarson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 00:43:58 +0200
Hello listers,

I would like to find a program to help me create PDF files, from e.g. MS
Word.
I need document security, i.e. at least to password protect the PDF from
changes.

Please give me suggestions of software to do this. I'm trying to keep costs
down, so freeware would be the best.
I am also interested in positive or negative comments on the programs.

I have made some research and found the following products so far:

*** Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard
Price: USD 299
Security: Yes

*** PDFCreator
Price: free.
Security: No
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

*** FreeDist
http://home.hccnet.nl/s.vd.palen/
FreeDist is a freeware frontend for Ghostscript. It will watch in a folder
for postscriptfiles to be placed in and converts them automatically to PDF.
Security: ?
(I am not familiar with Ghostscript)

*** Free PDF
http://www.webxd.com/zipguy/freepdf.htm
Free PDF is a short simple program. Other Programs (namely RedMon ... and
... Ghostscript ...) do the hard work.
Security: ?

*** Zeon DocuCom PDF Driver Version 6 Standard
Price (USD):  $49.95
Security: You can assign passwords and encryption level (40 or 128bits) to
PDF documents created.
"Copy", "Print", "Annotate", and "Modify" can be separately controlled
http://www.pdfwizard.com/eng/include/INDEX.ASP

*** Jaws PDF Creator
Price: 79.00 usd/eur
Security: Access to all PDF files created by Jaws PDF Creator can be limited
by giving the files passwords and restricting certain features, such as
printing and editing.
http://www.jawspdf.com/pdf_creator/features.html

*** The pdf995 suite of products - Pdf995, PdfEdit995, and Signature995
Signature995 offers state-of-the-art security and encryption to protect your
documents and add digital signatures.
The free versions display a sponsor page in your web browser each time you
run the software.
A suite key sold for all three products is also available for $19.95.
http://www.software995.com/
(I am not sure Signature995 provides the kind of security I am looking
for...)

*** Win2PDF Pro
USD 69
Password protecting PDF files with 40 or 128 bit encryption.
Set file permissions to restrict printing, copying, and future modifications
to the document.
http://www.win2pdf.com/

*** pdfFactory PRO
Price: $99.95 (bundled with FinePrint : $109.95)
Security: Yes
http://www.fineprint.com/products/pdffactory/

*** PDF-XChange 2.5

Security: Yes
Price USD 39.50 (including free upgrade to version 3)
http://www.docu-track.co.uk/index.php?page=22

[Disclaimer: I do not state the list is complete, nor correct.]
However, the list might serve as input for some of you.

Please, comments?
Please, hints about other programs?

Regards,
Göran Halfvarson, Sweden