Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 17:40:41 -0400
At 23:58 05/21/01, Demetri Kolokotronis wrote:
>Anyone know what TrueVector, vsmon.exe, in startup, does for
>ZoneAlarm? I wonder if it has to do with logging, as I do not
>log ZoneAlarm.

Hi Demetri

There are three main parts (services) of Zone Alarm.

The first part, zapro.exe on my machine, is the user interface.
(I run Zone Alarm Pro. This might be called za.exe or
something similar on your machine.) This is the user interface.
It's the part that lets you change things. If this part
gets shut down, the firewall still runs...it's just that you
can't see or change anything.

The second part is minilog.exe. This is the part of Zone Alarm
that logs everything.

The third part of Zone Alarm is TrueVector (vsmon.exe). This is
the actual firewall. If this is not running, you have no
firewall. This is the most important part of Zone Alarm.

I wouldn't mess with any of the above. Even if you don't want
to bother with logging, stopping minilog might have unexpected
consequences.

Regards,
Bill

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: