Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:42:32 -0600
Paul writes:

<<To keep my computer healthy, I apply Easycleaner, scandisk, defrag and
Regedit once a week.>>

"Regedit"?  How do you "Apply" that?  If you mean export registry, and
restore from .reg files, it's better than nothing, but not
ideal.  Restoration is best done in DOS, preferably with ERU.

To that admirable list, I'd add:  Restore your registry occasionally --  go
back to a known good backup copy, made at a time when all your major
programs have been installed and your computer is running nice and
smoothly.  I do mine every 2--3 months to keep performance up to
scratch.  Best done using ERU.

Depsite installing/uninstalling just about every freebie known to the
internet, and a few others besides, my system has survived now for close on
4 years with never a reformat, and only one windows full reinstall.   And
still with it's original 32Mb of steam-powered RAM.

Despite a hard drive down to minimum fee space (I never let it fall below
300 Mb) it is still running virtually crash-free and, though now a trifle
slower than I'd like at times,  not too bad for an obsolete
system.  Boot-up times still seem to compare favourably with various new
Pentium 3's I've seen running Win 98.

I attribute all that  to Win 95B and regular registry
backup/restoration.  And a fair bit of beginners luck, I guess.

Sure, I know there's a lot of accumulated junk on the HD.  Someday I'll get
around to a reformat and clean it all out.

I'll leave the cutting edge to others more adventurous than myself to
explore.  Thx, fellas, tell me when it's safe and maybe one day I'll join you.

Articles on crash resolution and registry backup can now be downloaded from
my website.

Don Penlington
Visit my Web pages: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Fractals, poetry, free icons and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html