Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Ronald Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 2009 20:04:39 -0400
Hello,

Having just downloaded Gnome Partition Editor onto a CD and used it to create a second partition of 22GB, leaving the primary one at 35GB and 8GB unallocated (as previously), I find I can't boot beyond setup and BIOS, which allows me to change the Boot sequence, reset to 'internal HDD', etc.

This is on a Dell Inspiron D610 laptop with WIN XP.

The GpartEd apparently moved the primary partition 'to the right', according to its commentary.

When attempting to boot from a USB HDD with a clone of the OS on it, after a brief flash of the WinXP page, a blue screen appears: "A problem has been detected and Windows shut down...technical info: ***STOP:0x0000007B (0xF78EB528, 0x0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). This also appears when attempting to boot from the internal HDD.

How can I get back to the WIN XP OS that is in there? Would removing the partition do it?

Thanks,

Ron Smith

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml