Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 23:17:25 -0500
From: "Tom McCoy" :Sent: Monday, September 04, 2000 5:21 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] icon remove

> (Win95) When accessing the Control Panel thru Start, Settings, I
> get a window with all the normal icons.  One icon is for WinHacker,
> which I removed (the program) about a year ago.  Right-clicking on
> this icon brings up Open & Create Shortcut, the Properties option is
> greyed out.  Clicking on Open freezes the machine (ctrl-alt-del will
> not bring any window).  How can I get rid of this icon?
> Tom McCoy

Tom,
Along with deleting the WinHacker cpl file, you should also check the
control.ini located in the Windows directory, as many programs that load
icons in the control Panel will write an entry under the [MMCPL] section of
the control.ini.  Check for a line that would load the cpl for WinHacker and
remove it also.

Mary Wolden

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html