Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 09:51:50 -0600
Hi Sharon,

Running the Disk Defragmenter on Windows 98 should be a simple task if done
correctly. First, it is essential that ALL open/running programs be
closed/ended. Do this from the Close Program window, as you indicated, and
"End Task" on everything except "Explorer" (to include System Tray). Next,
if you use a screensaver reset it to "None" in Display Properties. Then run
Scan Disk and Disk Defragmenter in that order.

It's not unusual for Scan Disk to restart several times. If it finds an
error it will correct it and start again. Disk Defragmenter is another
story. If it fails to complete it's because something is interfering with it
and this could continue almost indefinitely. If it stops it tells you why
and it usually says something is writing to the hard disk. A screensaver is
a common cause but it could be anything running in the background, possibly
something that was installed unknowingly to you and doesn't show in the
close Program window. Here are two programs that will assist by showing you
what starts with Windows and allowing you some degree of control.

Start Up Control Panel from Mike Lin
http://www.mlin.net/

Autoruns
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/autoruns.shtml

Also, you might want to try this. There's a program that someone out there
may have called WinMeDefrag.zip that may help. Basically it's a Windows
Millennium defragmenter for Windows 98 (much, much faster) and was offered
by http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/index.html. They now say that at
Microsoft's request it's no longer available.

I hope this has been some help...

Sven Swanson, Sr.