Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Joseph E Poplawski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 07:47:18 -0500
Hi.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a way to rename an entire
directory of files en masse.  A DOS batch file or Windows 95 batch
file would be easiest as I'd prefer not to have to buy a commercial
package to do this.

For example, I have a directory of about 300 graphics of assorted
names. I'd like to be able to rename all the .GIF files to something like
"GRAPHIC0001.GIF" with the number incrementing for each file.  Then be able
to run it again to rename all the .JPG files in the same directory as well.
Or even more ideally, I would LOVE to be able to tell it to rename all the
".GIF" and ".JPG" files with an incremental file name, keeping the
extensions as they are.

I should be able to specify the starting number of the range.

If anyone could help me, I would be VERY appreciative.  I actually have
about 250 directories with almost 25,000 graphics in them, and I'd like to
categorize them and give them all unique but similar names.  Each different
directory will have a different name as part of the name of the file.  For
example, all the the graphics in the "Houses" directory will be named
"House0001.XXX", etc...

I thank you all for your time and help and hope to hear some good answers!
I'm not really a programmer, so I need a solution I can either download or
key in that can do it.

Thanks for all your help.  My fingers will appreciate it!

Jo