Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 09:07:20 -0700
Well, I've since found out that the colors are not empty like the program is
telling me, they're just dried up.  But still,  I've replaced the black ink
recently and it's just fine, so why won't it still print?  It used to be
that you could ignore the colors completely for years and the printer would
still print in black.  Not so anymore.  If the printer senses that no color
ink can come out of the sponges, (for whatever reason), it won't print at
all.  I personally think it's a scam to make us buy their color cartridges,
which are expensive.  (Of course Canon cartridges are more expensive, that's
part of the whole picture.)  They try to make us think we need to buy their
brand, then they make the printer so it won't work without moist color ink
in the machine, and that gives them a little regular income from us through
constant cartridge purchasing.  I'm looking for a way around this, because I
don't like to feel like I'm being herded into a scam situation. (Thanks to
William for all his help.  I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but believe
me, I will here shortly.  Obviously, what I have to print isn't urgent, but
it's only a matter of time until it will be.)
Carol Hanson

> How did you run out of colors if you don't print in color at all? The
newer color inkjets are designed to run with full cartridges, and I don't
think there is a way around that since it could ruin the printer.  If you
don't use colors a cartridge ought to last a long time, and would overall be
cheaper than messing with the printer and ruining it. Besides, you can
either buy a refill kit or remanufactured cartridges, both of which are way
cheaper than Canon stuff.  Check the Internet for compatible clones.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com