Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Roger Herbst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 05:58:43 -0400
JM Sudela wrote:

> I recently upgraded to Win ME. Have encountered a problem when trying to use
> my scanner UMAX Astra 1220U.
> Problem ! It won't work.
> Checked the UMAX website for help and found much to my dismay that the
> scanner is not compatible with WIN ME
> and based upon my interpretation of their advisory, it doesn't look like
> they will be issuing a fix.
> Apart from ditching the scanner and buying a new one, I thought that one
> solution would be to load Win 98SE on my 2nd HDD in the PC as a work around.
> I figure that I could load the older OS with the minimum amount of features
> and install my Scanner software to that drive.
> What do you think? Can this be accomplished relatively easy?
> I'm not quite sure how to load a 2nd OS on my PC!
> Thanks for any suggestions!
> Jim Sudela

Back in mid August I purchased a new Compaq 900mhz computer that came pre loaded
with WIN ME. When it arrived I hooked up my old HP 722C printer and my old Umax
Astra1220U scanner to it and both are have worked fine ever since. As I did
nothing special when installing the Umax 1220U I am surprised to hear that this
scanner is not supposed to be compatible with Windows ME.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html