Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2011 01:56:05 -0400
Hi Bob,

You could certainly use freeware on you friend's computer, but you may be aware that using it for business purposes

is usually frowned upon. You could ease your conscience by making a donation to the author.<g>

Anyway, y'all do as you see fit.

Here are some suggestions:

Note: I have used the following items successfully.

#1. To restore backup to the same partition of Win7.

#2. WD and Maxtor wizards.

#3. Paragon B & R

#4. Easeus Todo Backup,Partition Master.

#5. MT Solutions Drive Copy

#11. Drive Image XML (used 2X, found it too slow)

#16 XXClone  (old version)

My preference goes to programs that provide the means to create a bootable CD in order to

do the copy or clone "offline". So-called "hot copying" can be ok, but are highly reliant upon uninterrupted functioning

of the VSS service (Volume Shadow copy). Any glitch in this service causes corruption in the clone or copy.

Anyway, here's my list of links I accumulated over the years.

All listed programs provide a clone or  disk copy component.

All links are valid as of this writing.

1.If he runs Win 7 ,he could use the built-in backup utility to create an image and store it on an internal or external drive.

  The image can be restored via the boot menu if needed and also with the help of the Win 7 install DVD.

2. If he uses WD or Seagate/Maxtor drives on his computer, he could use the customized versions of Acronis TI

    Acronis True Image WD Edition Software

    http://support.wdc.com/product/downloaddetail.asp?swid=119&wdc_lang=en

    Seagate/Maxtor DiscWizard

    http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/discwizard

3.Paragon Backup & Recovery

   http://www.paragon-software.com/home/br-free/

4 Easeus Todo Backup

  http://www.todo-backup.com/business/free-backup.htm

  http://www.todo-backup.com/products/home/free-backup-software.htm

or DiskCopy  http://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/

or Easeus Partition Master Home Edition  http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm

5.MT Solutions

  http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

  http://www.minitool-drivecopy.com/drivecopy.html

6.HD Clone

   http://www.miray.de/products/sat.hdclone.html#free

7.Keriver 1-Click Restore Free

   http://www.keriver.com/oneclick_free.html

8.Redo Backup & Restore

   http://redobackup.org/

9.PCDisk Clone

   http://www.pcdisktools.com/pcdiskclone.htm

10.PING (Partimage Is Not Ghost) -- Backup and Restore Disk Partitions

      http://ping.windowsdream.com/

11. Drive Image XML

     http://www.runtime.org/driveimage-xml.htm

12. CloneZilla

      http://clonezilla.org/

13. HDD Raw Copy Tool.

      http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/

14. Clone Partition (Disks and Partitions)

      http://www.spia-soft.com//index.php?show=12&lang=en

      Can run from floppy but could be incorporated on a rescue CD.

15. Odin DiskManager - backup/Restore volume or hard disk

      http://odin-win.sourceforge.net/

16. XXClone

      http://www.xxclone.com/index.htm

      http://www.xxclone.com/idwnload.htm   (older version)

      http://www.xxclone.com/betatest/idwnload.htm   (new version)

17. Wondershare Disk Manager Free  (Requires registration for free license)

      http://sell.wondershare.com/disk-manager/

Hope you or other readers will find something you can use.

Peter E.