Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Computer9 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:45:41 -0400
I don't update SP1, except for a VERY few items that corrected specific problems.  Between my hardware and software, I believe my PC is very secure.  I have never had anything undesirable make it through the defenses.  Well, at one time a few ad-ware items got on, but even that hasn't happened in over two years.  I am planning to run exactly what I have (from Microsoft) from now on.  If I get into a "forced" situation with SP2 or Vista, (I want to do something that XPSP1 can't do) then I will probably switch to a MAC.                   --Anna Summers

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Restoring/Reformatting Windows XP

I have an HP machine (never again) and I loaded a separate, standalone OEM
XP with my HP OEM activation key (it won't work with a retail XP).  But I  had
to find all the drivers for all the stuff (sound, etc.) that HP built into
the motherboard - took weeks!  They give you 12 disks (if you write and  make
noise) that reinstalls (ie destroys) your entire system.  HP provides  no
drivers for their hardware components except with the destructive restore  disks.

Now I am very happy however, and I don't have all the  spyware, adware, and
other (not uninstallable) garbage that HP puts on the PC -  they actually sell
YOUR disk space to other vendors - they actually admitted  this to me - said
it was how they "kept costs down."  I will build or have  someone build my next
machine.  I am trying to find a legal retail version  of XP Home SP1 because
I don't want SP2 on my machine either - especially not  VISTA (the big brother
of all big  brothers).

Anna.... you better get SP2... cause I read on MSoft... that they  are going
to stop updating SP1 pretty soon.... and you will need that  SP2.  Also, I
learned this the hardway... BEFORE you format your  hard drive... make sure you
unplug your printer, scanner, etc... anything that  has memory on it..
<<<<<

The Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 (SP2) CD includes the same software as  the
Web download. Customers in the United States and Canada can order the  CD from
this Web site. The CD costs U.S. $14.95 (CDN $19.95) plus $5  shipping and
handling (CDN $7.50). >>>>>>
(Nothing is free anymore)
_http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&q=SP+2+CD_
(http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&q=SP+2+CD)

I dont see on here where it said they were  going to stop  updating SP1 --
but I know I read it the other day.  It might have been in  a news letter.
Harriet

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml