Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 01:30:45 -0500
Brad Feuerhelm wrote " Hey all again!

Ok, no problem assigning a wav file to startup, there is still the problem
that it only plays for about 3 seconds then stops.
The wav file is 1 minute in length, which I have verified using windows
media player. It is a .wav file (file extension).

I have tried other versions of the wav file in different lengths from 20
seconds to 5 minutes in length.  Still only plays for 3 seconds then stops.

Is there a registry hack for lengthening the playing of the startup sound?

Since this is playing during windows startup can it be an app. interfering?

This is only a minor inconvenience, but like to be able to play the wav
file longer. "

I presume you created a new .wav file of one minute duration and "assigned"it as your "start up" sound since the duration of the sounds in windows media folder is at best 10 seconds.at least it is so in win 98 se which i have and i must confess that i do not know the duration in win xp pro.

i also assume you "assigned" the newly created .wav file through the following procedure.

create new sound and assign name/save in folder/copy/paste in win xppro media folder/open control panel/click sounds/click start up tab(under "events")/browse to folder containing your new .wav file/ click the .wav file/click ok/ click apply in your sounds dialog box/click ok/shut down and restart.

by the above procedure i have been able to play at start up a sound file(.wav) of 58 seconds but of course my os as stated earlier is win 98 se. i do not see why it should not work in win xp pro but frankly i do not know and see if you get a response from others.

having said the above i must warn you that because of the increased duration of the sound (sound files hog up huge lot of bytes and are very large even for 58 seconds. mine is a whopping 6.5MB) YOU MAY RUN INTO STACK OVERFLOW problems in windows system.ini and may have to increase the stack size(minSPS). i did.

HTH and good luck.----venkat viswanathan

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml