Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 22:23:31 -0700
At 08:07 PM 12/24/98 , Steve Daniels wrote:
>I finally got around to cobbling together some html, and thought
>to upload it to my isp's server.  I'm using WS_FTP, although I
>doubt that this particular piece of software is causing my
>current problem.
>
>It asks for my user name and password.  I'm using the same ones
>that I use to log into the isp itself, which work just fine.
>However, when I try to log into the www server, I get an invalid
>login error, and booted out.
>
>I sent a message to the support dept. of my isp, but I certainly
>don't expect them to be in tonight.  Is there something really,
>really obvious that I'm missing?  I checked my user name and
>password for case, and it's fine.

This sounds quite unusual.   Typically, you do not login to the
WWW server on any ISP.   You have a single directory on the
server, one main directory.   Then you will have a directory to
your WWW directory from your account, a symbolic link directory
that will take you to the proper directory.

However, if your ISP has setup the system with separate machines
that need to be accessed, one special for your WWW directory, then
the problem is quite clear.   The WWW server is either not functioning
properly, the access is turned off at the moment, the server was recycling
when you attempted to access or they have accidentally assigned
your directory on their WWW machine a different password.  All of these
or one of these can happen.

However, accessing the WWW server separate from your Telnet directory
is "highly" unusual...  and it maybe that you are attempting to access the
wrong server...   mostly this is an issue you must discuss with your ISP.
Since the servers can be configured in a myriad of ways, just as any
home  computer can by configured many ways...  only your ISP can help
you through this issue.

Bob Wright  -   The NOSPIN GROUP
   [log in to unmask]   -   http://nospin.com
Listserv Owner   PCBUILD  -  PCSOFT -  NOSPIN-L
                         PC-PDA  -   I-GAMES - COMPUTERLADY

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>