Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2009 13:44:52 -0700
I notice that you have not received any replies to your post. I really
am not too sure what is causing your problem, but I will try to help.
The installation of XP SP2 should have installed the driver for your DVD
drive (reading the data on DVD's seems to confirm this, but not seeing a
blank disk is confusing). Are you using Windows Explorer to locate and
read the DVD? The installation of XP SP2 (plus updates since SP2) should
have included the latest version of Windows Media Player which should
play the movies. You may need to open the Media Player and then select
the file to be played due to a loss of your previous settings during the
change in hard drives. OR the movie file could be in a format not
recognized by the Windows Media Player. What program did you use to
create the movie files and what is the extension (.xxx) of the files?
You may need to reinstall whatever the program was, if any, to play back
the movies.

As to extracting programs from the old drive, you can do it by
temporarily installing the old drive in the PC (does not have to be
physically installed, just attached to the power supply and the data
cable). Than you can copy files between the hard drives. However, unless
programs are stand alone they install files in various places and also
registry entries and consequently need to be "installed" and not just
copied. Data and save type files can normally be copied to the locations
that each program uses for this data storage.

I hope this helps. Hopefully, more knowledgeable members will also respond.

Tom

Joyce A wrote:
> Was Win XP Home, SP 3; now is Win XP Home, SP 2 restoration after
> installation of a new 160-gig hard drive.  I used to be able to play,
> edit, and copy my home movie DVDs on this machine, but now I can't.
> And it doesn't recognize a blank DVD as even being there.  So two
> questions:  can I somehow extract the appropriate software from the
> old, failing 100-gig hard drive?   Or is there a free download
> somewhere that I can use?
>
> The software I have does recognize a data DVD, just not my movies or
> blanks...  TIA!
>
> Joyce in SE Ohio

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml