Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"David A. Abbe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 00:29:31 -0600
Hello Don,

Interesting goings on.

Along with the suggestions of Scandisk/Defrag, I would ask how long the
system is running before he notices the slow down?  What applications are
running?  Maybe there is a clue there?  Any other programs such as GoBack
or other programs that continually monitor processes?  OfficePro has
FindFast which uses some resources, though I doubt that much.

Otherwise, I might start thinking about heat problems such as the CPU fan,
graphics card, or even the hard drive overheating.  What sort of
environment is this computer in?

Hmm, still thinking.

David A. Abbe

>Don Kendrew wrote:
> >
> > A friend has asked me about a problem he has with his system slowing down.
> > after a few minutes use the mouse moves slowly, and applications take
> > longer and longer to perform simple tasks.
> >
> > He has recently been downloading many mp3's from the web, and he reports
> > that the only way he has discovered to speed up his system is to remove
> > these downloads from his hard drive.
> >
> > He tells me that he has a Compaq Presario,  purchased within the last six
> > months that uses Windows 98 as the OS. Further details I don't have at the
> > moment.
> >
> > Without looking at his machine, I'm at a loss to tell him why this is
> > happening. Does anyone have any suggestions?
> >
> > don kendrew
>

>Shop online without a credit card
>http://www.rocketcash.com
>RocketCash, a NetZero subsidiary
>
>                Curious about the people moderating your
>                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
>                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml