Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 01:07:24 -0700
Les writes:

<<using Netscape Communicator 4.72,
I noticed that forms pages were filling in incompletely. Some blanks were
missing although I could make them appear by rapidly scrolling >>

I get the same thing very occasionally.    I'm pretty sure it's due to
memory shortage.  Seems to happen after you've been browsing for a while,
or have been opening multiple windows.

With Win 95B and 32Mb RAM, mine slows down a bit if I have more than about
eight IE or Nav windows open at any one time on graphic-intensive
sites.   Forms definitely start looking rather strange then.  Closing the
browser, cleaning memory, and reopening sometimes helps a bit.

Depends also what size, if any, you have your memory swapfile (Win386) set
to.  Bigger is generally better in this respect, if your HD has the
capacity. (If you don't understand this, refer to "Memory and Swapfile"
article in the tutorials section on my Web page.)

With Win 98 SE you'd need at least 64Mb RAM.  Anything less than that,
you'll likely get occasional display blockouts similar to what you have
outlined.  It's your computer's way of telling you that its memory is
struggling.

Don Penlington

Visit my Web pages: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Computer tutorials,Fractals, poetry, free icons,  and beautiful Queensland
beaches.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html