Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 00:36:56 -0600
Hi fellow listees!

I have what seems to be a unique problem here, sorry for the long
explanation, but I felt it necessary to fully clarify the problem.

I have a client's puter here and have installed Office 97 Pro on it, now
comes the problem. In Word there are only 2 choices for fonts available,
Times New Roman and Roman 10cpi. When you convert any text to the Roman
10cpi font and go to change it back, the Times font choice disappears too,
all that is left is the Roman one. If I open a .doc file created with a
different font, like Arial, the choices in the dropdown box are Arial and
Roman 10cpi, and if I convert it, the Arial choice goes away too.

I checked to see that Win98 has all the normal fonts installed, they are
all present and working. Then I checked some other applications for fonts.
Excel has the full selection available, as does Notepad and Outlook. But,
in addition to Word, Powerpoint and Wordpad have only the 2 choices that
Word has. I can't figure out why part of the Office Suite has choices and
part doesn't, and why some regular Microsoft applications don't have any
choices either?

I tried to wipe the install and start fresh, with another Office 97 disc,
no luck there. I also tried to delete the normal.dot file in Word and let
it re-create itself, but that failed too. I have searched for a setting in
Win98 that would cause this to happen, but can't think of anything that
would only make it happen to certain applications and not others. And, the
only software installed on this machine is Win98 and Office 97 Pro, nothing
else.

I am at a total loss on this one and sure would appreciate any thoughts or
suggestions from anyone who has had, or has seen, this peculiar problem.

TIA,
Ed Boychuk

Ryder

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: