Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 14:25:20 +1300
Here's a FWIW.

Couple of days back I was restoring a few apps after rebuilding my system.  But I couldn't reinstall my ACDSee 5.0 image viewer, it kept coming back with an odd message about about not finding a 'resource'.  Say what?

Turned out the 'windows installer' facility was damaged.  To fix it I inserted the XP CD and trolled to 'Support\Tools' (holding down the Shift key to stop the CD autorunning and cancelling the message that popped up about 'Sticky Keys' ) then ran setup.exe.  Afterward I had a new addition to the program list - Windows Support Tools.

Here's a website which explains more:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2Fdirectory%2Fworldwide%2Fen-gb%2Futility2.asp#XSLTSection122121121120

All I had to do after that was to start the command line and type 'msicuu' and remove ACDSee from the list of installers.

After that the ACDSee reinstall went off without a hitch.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand