Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 01:44:34 -0700
On 26 Sep 2005 at 20:56, Mick Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Hello
>
> I keep a track of weight in an Excel spreadsheet. For years I have entered
> it in stones and pounds like so:
>
> 12.7 (means 12 stone 7 pounds)
>
> I'd like to convert it to pounds in the next cell/column. But of course 12.7
> means quite a different thing in Excel! ... is there a formula that will
> convert it to pounds ... a formula that will convert 12.7 to 175 lbs.
>
> Hope you guys can help
>
> TIA ... Mick

  How do you get it to distinguish between 12 stone 1 pound and 12 stone 10
pounds?

  (The "right" way to do that is to have two hidden/off-screen columns, one
of the stones and one of the pounds, and to assemble the displayed value
from those numbers.  And you can easily calculate the total in pounds from
those two as well.  But if you haven't done it that way, you may have deeper
problems than you've indicated....)

David Gillett

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml