Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 00:13:52 -0600
Fran writes:

<<I have 2 icons on =
my desktop that were left behind after uninstalling a Mcafee program. =
The icons names are Mcafee Fortress and Mcafee File Shredder.It has been =
ages since I remove this program.I have tried the following to get rid
of them -  none of them work:>>

If they are "ghost" icons, probably shortcuts, and no Properties appear,
try closing down to dos.

At the C-Prompt, type cd windows, then click Enter. Then type cd desktop,
click Enter again. Then type dir, click Enter and you should see a list of
your desktop items. See if these icon paths appear. They will probably be
something like "Fortress lnk". The lnk extension means shortcut in dos.
(Note there is only a space, no period before the extension.)  Write down
the exact filepath to each of these two icons.

Then go back to the C-Prompt. and type del (then a space followed by the
exact filepath of the Link). Click enter and this command should delete the
shortcut. Note, you do not have to type the C:\ as you are already there at
the C-Prompt.

The del command means "Delete".  It should look something like this:

del windows\desktop\fortress lnk

If your Windows folder is not in C: then you will have to cd ("change
directory") to wherever Windows resides on your computer.

If they do not appear in the dos Desktop folder, then they are truly ghost
icons and you may have to live with them.  Windows does this occasionally,
for reasons known only to the Devil.  Or you could try running Scandisk,
that will occasionally remove ghost images.

If you have Cleansweep, or something similar (Norton Utilities?), there's a
section there for removing orphaned files and shortcuts. Might help.

Don Penlington

Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com