Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 11:25:55 -0800
On 6 Feb 99, at 23:20, Alain Azzam wrote:

> Two years ago I wanted to install windows NT as a file server on a
> peer-to-peer network we have here.  The programmer opposed himself to
> the project, saying that his dos programs wouldn't work well on NT.
> Since I can't reach that guy anymore, I was wondering if he really
> had a good reason to say so.  WinNT can run 16 bits dos apps, can't
> it ?  The application is setup in a way that you have a central
> foxpro database (dos) on the file server and multiple users can login
> from their stations (95 or 98).

  DOS apps *can* access the system hardware in ways that NT won't
allow.  But there's nothing above to suggest that this application
needs to do that.
  Perhaps the only way is to try it and see.  Maybe some local vendor
will let you test it on one of their systems, with the idea that you'll
buy NT from them *if* it runs....

David G

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html