Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 21:48:05 -0800
A friend's brand new HP system has crashed, there is NO boot disk, and I know nothing about Windows XP. He
says he had just turned his Athlon 1.3ghz on, and after bootup Windows update downloaded something, then
restarted his pc. Now the system is reporting the following errors:

Services.exe
Procedure entry point - Resetstkoflw could not be located in DLL library.
MSVCRT.DLL
--------------
Isass.exe
Procedure entry point - Resetstkoflw could not be located in DLL library.
MSVCRT.DLL

Pressing "OK" after the first error, returns the second error (above), and "OK" again returns a blank screen,
then nothing. During an (invisible) POST, I have tried del / esc /F8 /ctrl-alt-del  in an attempt to enter the
bios with no success. I can restart in safe mode and the other options, but no cursor is available - I'm
stuck. All I have to work with is his HP recovery disk, but the cd drive doesn't respond.  Please help if you
can...thanx.

Al Thompson

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml