Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:30:28 -0500
Hi Rob,
I don't know which ones are pre-checked for you,but with any of these
programs
you have to use your discretion as to what you delete.
IOW, scrutinize the entries,don't just hit delete to whatever the
program finds.

I try to follow some very basic rules:
1.Don't install or Delete any program and that includes software from
Microsoft,
if you don't know what it does.
M$ might fall in the trusted category,nevertheless their software has
caused me more grief
than all other software combined.(and I've installed hundreds of
applications)
2.*Before* any install/uninstall or deletion, *set a restore point for
System Restore*
 (make sure it's turned on).
3.In the respective program check that a backup is created before you
hit Delete.

This applies to all cleaners, file- or registry.

As to Spybot S&D, the same rules apply.
Just because they're pre-checked does not mean it's safe to delete all-
or anything it finds.
The same applies to the others.
If you check all to be scanned,you will find more entries but some may
be acceptable to you.
Don't have it delete all your cookies either.Some are required for login
at specific websites.
Others will make browsing easier and go to your specific area of interest.
Set exclusions for the ones you want to keep.

I'm afraid there is no easy answer.It just requires you to learn more of
what's on your PC,
so you can make an informed decision about the action you're taking.
To its credit, Spybot S&D does have both, a backup setting and a System
Restore setting.
Make sure to tick them !!Read the Tutorial under Help!

Good luck cleaning :)

Pete.

Robert Citkowitz said the following on 26/11/2007 11:53 AM:
> Spybot offers 15 Tools "to allow advanced users to find out about spyware that isn't detected during the normal scan," but warns about "far-reaching consequences so make sure you know what you're doing if you use these tools."
>
> Nine are pre-checked - does that mean they are safe?
> What are the benefits/risks of the others?
> (XP-Pro)
>
> Thanks,
> Rob
>
>              PCSOFT maintains many useful files for download

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml