Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 01:17:31 -0600
John writes:

<<The hard drive on my PC is running out of Space. I
 > have Windows 95.>>

To which Al replied:

<<I ran Win 95 on a 2 GB hard drive for years.>>

I still am.  I like to keep free HD space at better than 300 Mb--Win95
needs that much for working space.  Under 200 Mb will start to get unstable
and slow.

<<if memory serves, I believe Win 95 also has a folder named Windows Setup
Files (or something similar) and you'll find a text file in it which
explains that you can safely delete the folder and its contents>>

I've looked, but there's nothing like that on mine, which is a pretty
standard install. I think that happens if you move the setup files to the
HD and install from there---which is often recommended but is not a default
action.

My suggestions:
1 Go to my website, tutorials section, and  you'll find a tutorial listing
a number of actions for cleaning up your hard drive.

2. Download a little freeware utility called Clean System Directory.  This
will search for and remove to a backup folder all redundant .dll files,
which can result in many Mb of space. It's a very safe and reliable
program.  Highly recommended.
http://www.theabsolute.net/sware/index.html#clip (look under "recent
favourites").

3. If you have Cleansweep or similar, this has a "Cleanup" tab which is
quite effective.

4. Fred Langa's website has several cleanup batch files for free download
which will automatically remove much of the rubbish files to which others
have referred.  They are very effective. I use the one called "Cleanall.bat".

5. There are several utilities for removing orphan files. This can save a
lot of space.

6. There are also utilities for removing duplicate files---but be very
careful about these, as many files are duplicated in various different
folders on purpose, so that different programs will look for their
essential files in different places, and so won't work if you remove these.
Unless you are fully experienced, leave your duplicate system files alone.

Don Penlington
Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>