Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 04:52:39 -0500
Dear Listers:

It seems that Word 97 has decided to rebel.  A text document may open up quickly but another which may include a jpeg hangs up much longer than usual.  Sometimes a plain text document can be slow opening. Creating a new page can take 15 seconds or longer- I just have to be patient.  Once I am in a document, every move seems to be labored.  Changing font size, changing font, changing alignment, minimizing or maximizing etc. can take much longer but at  other times everything is okay.  I've run scan disk, defrag, checked for viruses removed a lot of junk files, thinking I might discover something but to no avail.  The only other problem of significance is that frequently when trying to send e-mail, (such as this one) it gets stuck in the Outbox (Outlook Express) and can not be sent while another e-mail will go. When closing I get a message saying that I have a document in my Outbox "Do you want to send it now?" and when I click "yes" sometimes it will be sent and sometimes it will not.  I have received a message saying the "server has rejected the Sender's e-mail address" which seems very peculiar. But this problem, I am sure, is unrelated to Word 97.  I am running a Pentium II  MMX, 350 with 64MB RAM.  My 12 gig hard drive has 130 mb used.  If any of you have any thoughts on this and have the time to respond,  I really would appreciate it.  This Listserve provides a wonderful service.
Thanx
Charlie Marsh

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html