Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 06:21:39 -0800
Tom,
Thanks for your insight and tip. I wish I had known this prior to the
upgrade. You and I know the problem with P4 and sleep/suspense issues,but
unfortunately my client's wife isn't so understanding. She is not very happy
with the computer going dead after 1.5 to 2 hours of no manual use. I have
contacted Intel about this and according to the tech I spoke with they have
had no prior knowledge of this issue. Funny thing is there are numerous
references to this at the MS Technet site. Anyway, I have run a diagnostic
util called WPCUID to try to determine if the intel 845 chipset drivers were
installed in the correct order and if the chipset is fully functional. It
looks like I did.
Checkout this link for more details
http://www.intel.com/support/platform/pentium4/checkorder.htm
One issue I found with the P4 chip and the FIC MOBO used  is that when I
tried to install the Intel Ultra ATA Storage Driver after rebooting I would
get a critical device error which would halt the loading of the OS. I had to
go to safe mode and remove the install of this device. After that I would
get a disk error message that  would require a thorough Scan Disk to get rid
of this annoying message prior to Windows initialization. The end result is
that I couldn't install this particular device for the chipset. I am
wondering if this could be the cause of the unwanted and independent
persistant Suspense mode. I have disabled all Suspense and sleep modes in
both bios and the OS.
What a strange trip it has been

Barry Clark
MCSE/CCNA