Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:16:43 -0700
I've had Open Office for a few years without any problems and, other than
also having to download and install JAVA, I've had no problems installing
and/or updating Open Office. I've used WinZip for many years without any
problems. After using it for a few months, I did pay for it. I'm not sure
Open Office will help with your basic problem of corrupted files.

You might consider other reasons for the corrupted files. A virus and/or bad
sectors on your hard drive come to mind. I would do a complete "scandisk",
or similar program, (including surface scan)on the computer to see the
extent of any file or hardware problems, if any. Also, I would first do a
complete virus scan. They would take a while, but at least they would
clarify the extent of the problem(s), if any.

Tom Mayer

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carol" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2005 9:06 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Open Office download

I followed the advice of many here and downloaded Open Office, in an attempt
to see if I could then read my thousands of documents that evidently have
became corrupted and not able to open, because of having used Word Viewer on
my old Win98SE system, to read others' documents sent to me..  It took about
an hour+ to download O.O.   It's a zipped file and I recently installed Just
Zip It, which I've never had before.  (Someone here recommended it over
Winzip, which I never liked, so thought I'd try it.)  Just Zip It unzipped
it, I guess - another icon appeared for O.O.  that contained the word
'install', so I clicked on it and got the message that it is corrupted.
Before I spend another hour+, (will probably be a lot longer during the
day),  downloading O.O., I decided to ask here if there is a possibility
Just Zip It did something to corrupt the file.  Would I be better off to
uninstall it and get Winzip before I download O.O.?  Or, should I use some
other source for O.O?

I ask, because in the past when I have downloaded things and they say
they're corrupted, it never seems to help to just download them again, and
this is too lengthy a process, and I need my documents back too badly, to
just get into a 'continuous loop' so to speak.
Thanks for any clues anyone can provide.
Carol Hanson

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>