Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Darlene Bost <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:02:00 -0500
Hello - some clarification on my scanner problem - I have a parallel port for my
scanner.  I'm going to do as Doug suggested and see if that works for me.

Thank you!

Darlene

Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Thursday January 18, 2001 02:34 PM
To:   PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
cc:   Darlene Bost/IIG/Prudential@Prudential
Subject:  Re: [PCSOFT] scanner problem

Darlene,

I've been most successful in getting a scanner to work by fully
reinstalling the software after a complete removal of twain and twunk
files.  First uninstall the scanner software, then do a search and find all
the "twain" and "twunk" files and delete them.  Usually twain devices do
not remove these files when the software is uninstalled.

Also let us know what type of connection you have, USB or parallel port for
the scanner.

Doug

At 1/17/01 09:49 AM, Darlene Bost wrote:

>I'm trying to install my flatbed scanner (Acer) to my current PC.  It
>appears to
>install but when I open the software, ULead Photo, it says it can't find the
>scanner because of a "Twain" error.  I've uninstalled, reinstalled, downloaded
>the latest drivers all to no avail. When I open my device manager it shows the
>scanner with a yellow flag indicating there is a problem but I can't
>figure out
>what to do.   My configuration is:  Windows 98, 400 mhz Intel Pentium II,
>64 meg
>ram, 8.4 gig hd.  All help - greatly appreciated!

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com